Kurrajong Steel Homes –the true ‘Leaders in Steel Framed Homes’
Kurrajong Steel Homes Pty Ltd formerly Kurrajong Constructions is an Australian owned company, originally established around 1988. We began from the small Sheldon homestead from which it takes its name. We changed our name to Kurrajong Steel Homes Pty Ltd in 2000.
Now our state of the art office is based at Ormiston in the bayside area, 30 minutes from Brisbane city. Not limited to the Redlands, we build homes as far afield as Gold Coast to the south, Ipswich to the west and north to Caboolture.
Kurrajong Steel Homes Pty Ltd founder and builder John Bartrum started his career in the building & construction industry in the 1970s. Today John remains hands on controlling the initial site cut, footings / sub-structure and or slab / floor system ensuring a solid foundation and base for the longevity of every new home.
Kurrajong Steel Homes has specialised in building quality, steel framed homes in South East Queensland for over 25 years, and thus enjoys and maintains an enviable reputation as SEQ’s most experienced steel framed specialist home builder.
Kurrajong Steel Homes is a licenced member of Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) formerly (QBSA). As a member of the QBCC, Kurrajong is bound by stringent regulations and observes the code of professional conduct.
It is also a requirement of the QBCC that building works be covered by the appropriate level of Home Warranty Insurance, as an added safeguard for owners.
Kurrajong Steel Homes is a gold member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA). The HIA provides members with expert advice on technical matters, the latest news, information and issues affecting the building & construction industry.
Because of our experience in the building & construction industry we are able to offer design flexibility, innovative style, and exceptional design for unique shape & difficult small lot to acreage sites.
Our mission & values
- Kurrajong Steel Homes is regarded as the most experienced, respected and well established specialist steel-framed home building company in the region having spent over 25 years designing and constructing quality houses in South-East Queensland. Building one-of-a-kind homes of distinction is what we do, well.
- Founder and builder, John Bartrum remains hands on and is well known for his uncompromising attitude to get it right, first time. He lives by the old adage ‘measure twice, cut once’ a practice, he says, has been forgotten by too many in the industry.
- While we use tried, trusted and proven building methods over cost cutting we’re quick to adopt the latest innovations that enhance your home and add value for money.
- Kurrajong Steel Homes is a name you can trust which is why many of our clients have come back to us to build their second and third family home.
- We listen. You’ll find all our staff reliable, professional and friendly from the first point of contact through to the on-site construction.
- We continually source the best building products and offer the most competitive prices.
Terry the Termite – He’s our friend
He’s the one visitor home owners fear the most. But when you build with Kurrajong Steel Homes you can relax with the knowledge that this once unwelcome house guest can no longer eat you out of house and home if he comes calling. Steel-framed homes are termite resistant.
Not only will you save money on pest control long term, right now you can have enjoy all the advantages of a steel-framed home for around the same cost as a timber-framed one.